No replies to this topic

#1 pcdonx

pcdonx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:45 AM

Hello, I'll start off with what happened. 

When I was 16, I got into an accident that had caused a shoulder dislocation with a hairline fracture on my right side. 8 months after the accident, I started going to the gym again and I noticed that it hurts badly when I do any lateral raise movements. Basically on my Deltoid(Lateral fibers). So I decided to strengthen the muscle slowly however of that, it has been 4 years since the accident, it still hurts but it gets bearable.

So a week ago I did shoulder overhead press, then I felt a very sharp pain at my right deltoid, and I immediately stopped the workout. Long story short, I went home, put some ice and went to sleep. I woke up numerous times later during the night because the sharp pain, it went on for quite some time. So I sat at 45 degree angle, and the pain went away. So I noticed that; If I sleep flat on my back, after several hours into the sleep it becomes severely painful. But if I sleep at a higher angle, it lessens the pain and sometimes I dont even feel the pain. But even to this day, I cant do any lateral raise movement or else it will hurt badly. Also, I dont feel any pain doing front raise.

P/S: I have experienced this before. Went to a clinic, was given some analgesic cream and some heat pack. Rested for several months but any of those did not solve the issue. The pain fades away but as soon as I put some pressure on my lateral fibers, it hurts again. 

What's your advice here and what should I do?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Muscle, Shoulder, Deltoid, Pain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users