No replies to this topic

#1 annette

annette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:46 AM

Hey, I'm going to have a root canal for my second last top molar. 
I have been suffering pain while biting using my top molar on the left jaw because of a cavity. 
I was told to have a tooth filling in the beginning, but I intentionally missed the dental appointments. Then I simply forgot it until it began to hurt like hell! 
I hate dental works, moreover I'm scared of it! That is the primary reason why I postponed the procedure and also I got used to chewing with my right jaw. 
Now, I deeply regret what I did, because now there isn't a choice of filling! My doctor told that the cavity has turned deep and filling is impossible at this point.I'm going to have my root canal treatment at Guelph, from where I was planning to have the tooth filling. I'm suffering from evil pain, my tooth might be drastically infected now! I'm on antibiotics to cure the infection.
Doc has confirmed that I can have a root canal only after killing the infection. I'm quite scared and planning to get IV sedated for the procedure if possible! Last day I just googled about root canal procedure to be confident! Unfortunately, it turned as a deal-breaker! I see too many disaster root canal stories. There are people who pulled out their tooth even after the procedure! 
Currently, I feel more comfortable to have an extraction of the infected tooth instead of a root canal! 
I'm confused. Should I go for a root canal or just have it pulled? 
I'm 22 years old if that matters to help me in this. 
In anticipation of a reply.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rootcanal, tooth, infectedtooth, scared, sedation, pain, filling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users