No replies to this topic

#1 Forever 21

Forever 21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:03 AM

I'm a 20yo female and I've been suffering with persistently chronic dry, chapped, cracked, dehydrated lips sincei 2015 at age 16. Prior to this time, my lips were genetically plump, big, full, smooth, and soft.

I started to notice the physical symptoms during the time I had an eating disorder at age 16, and after I recovered, my lips started to shrink in size(especially my top lip) and eventually became very chapped and cracked. My immediate solution was to smear on numerous coats of vaseline and drugstore chapsticks but it wouldn't smooth or moisturize the cracks and fissures. So from 2015-2019, my lips have been chronically dry, chapped, cracked and painful to touch and feel. 2016-2018,I began to take matters into my own hansa and began eating A LOT of chicken, eggs, fish, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables, nuts and green tea to alleviate my dry lips from the inside out but still, nothing has recovered them.

I've been to 4 different dermatologists from the past 2 years and all of their recommendations with using vaseline, aquaphor, lanolin, hydrocortisone/triamcinolone(which are steroids) ointment, home remedies, and flouride free toothpaste has not cured my dry, crusty lips. I'm starting to think something internally is causing this to worsen considering the problem didn't start to occur until I started to suffer from Anorexia nervosa back as a teenager.

I just want my lips to be permanently smoother, softer, plumper, and supple again despite the continuous application of lip balm. Even after having it on my lips for hours, my lips are stick cracked, dry, and painful. It's caused low self-esteem and negative body image. Are there any kinds of vitamin supplemenits that I can take to reverse my lips for the better??? I'll try to insert a photo of what they look like.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users