• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Having severe asthma attacks. Asthma is getting progressively worse.

No replies to this topic

#1 kvahler

kvahler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

Hello,

I wanted to see if I could get some insight on this issue. Lately, I have been having severe asthma attacks along with constant shortness of breath ( I have to yawn to catch my breath otherwise it feels like I am suffocating or someone is sitting on my chest ) and very bad coughing with phlegm and sometimes blood. I have had asthma all my life and it used to be bad when I was little, then it somewhat subsided for a few years, then it returned recently. It got worse after I had two very bad bouts of bronchitis ( both lasting a month ) within the last 3 months. I have been having very bad asthma attacks every day now and have to take about 10 puffs of my albuterol inhaler ( ProAir brand ) everyday as well as 3 breathing treatments too on average. It is usually worse at night where I wake up multiple times wheezing horribly and feel breathless. I have almost had to go to the hospital on multiple occasions. I saw a doctor when this first started and was prescribed with Montelukast SOD 5 Mg ( Singulair ), Pulmicort, Prednisone, and Dulera 200 mcg-5 mcg/actuation HFA aerosol inhaler , but none of those helped me. I also tried using a humidifier too just in case, but that was also to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of what this is? My asthma attacks seem to be getting progressively worse.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users