Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘forums’ - assumed '‘forums’' in /home/pnrs/public_html/www.medchitchat.com/initdata.php on line 64
what should be ideal levels of cholesterol? is having more cholesterol really bad? - Cholesterol - Medchichat.com | Your Own Health Community

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

what should be ideal levels of cholesterol? is having more cholesterol really bad?

cholesterol high BP caridac heart attack heart

3 replies to this topic

#1 suresh

suresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

Dear All,

There have been so much of debate on whether we need to really reduce cholesterol or our body decides what is the exact amount of cholesterol it needs. There are so many articles both in support and against the argument.

Some people are against taking medication and argue that high cholesterol is not so bad. Is it really a hype created by the Pharma companies? the actual value of drugs for this is in multi billion dollars. Is there some study which has conclusively stated the need of drugs or against it? How do we get the real picture.

does everybody who has cholesterol really  has a danger of getting a cardiac arrest or heart attack?

Do people who dont have cholesterol will not get a heart issue?

does it runs in family and what can be the alternatives?

so many of them

I am just starting the discussion. Please contribute. Lets have a open discussion on this one atleast.

cheers

Suresh

#2 nitin

nitin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

Dear Suresh,

There is no doubt that high cholestrol is bad for health and is been proved by lot of studies around the world. This can not be a scam but yes I can agree on that you present system may have tinkered with the upper and lower limits. Also now with growing tests and recommendations people are becoming aware and reactive to small changes to their profiles.

They run for the medicines rather than to natural remedies like exercising etc.

this is my 2 cents.

Rgds

Nitin

#3 Guest_Abc_*

Guest_Abc_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

High cholesterol is bad and this is established fact. I think the level canbe debated but the fact remains

#4 lala

lala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:26 AM

not all the fats are bad...dont worry about figures just keep moving, i mean exercise regularly and have a right diet that the crux to save yourself from all. If it is genetic (u can determine after may be 3 month of exercising and its not going down) then take medication.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cholesterol, high BP, caridac, heart attack, heart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users