Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

- - - - -

Tooth fracture while having RCt


3 replies to this topic

#1 lala



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

Has anybody heard of tooth fracture while having ROOT canal therapy. I had a RCT but after some time I started having pain. Doctor removed the entire RCT and did it again but the pain still persist.

The doctor says the tooth must have got fractured and this does not even show up in xray. Has anybody got this condition and what can be probable solution apart from taking the tooth out.

#2 Guest_XYZ_*

  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

See,whenever possible try and save your natural tooth.Just because it causes you pain doesn't mean you should go for extraction.All you need to do is first consult the good dentist, because i will tell you in my case,consulting a single dentist ruined my gums,today i regret that i should have consulted somebody intellectual in this matter.

doctor always keep tooth extraction as a last option.may be you have got root canal infection(which is certain to have in many cases),and i have heard that re treatment do occur for fracture,if not then obviously you will have to get your tooth out boss,,,,,,,


Tooth ache kills!  i too have suffered..

#3 lala



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

Thanks...do you mean to say that there is some treatment available for the fractured tooth. what is that? searched on the internet and in most cases they suggest to take the tooth out.


do u think that is the only option left for me...

#4 Garrycollins


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:Yes

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:41 AM

Re-treating the tooth may solve it. The dentist can go into the tooth, remove the old endodontic filling material, and then re-fill it, getting a better seal the second time. The dentist can also send the patient to an endodontic specialist, who has special tools and techniques to deal with failed treatment.

Reply to this topic


Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RCT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users