Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Hoping for some sound advice. Knee issue dilema


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MedChitChat Team

MedChitChat Team

    Administrator

  • Administrators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDelhi
  • Are you a Doctor ?:Yes

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

pain, worsening at night or longer periods slightly bent during the day. 
When the leg is straightened, instead of the "crease" showing the inner side of the kneecap, there is a HARD knot almost to the bottom, inside area of the kneecap. 
The entire knee swells at night, but not lots. Ice and / or heat packs do not take the "lump" down in size but help with the general swelling. 
I work 12 hour shifts mostly on my feet in a lab. After sleeping or resting after work the pain makes walking almost impossible without supporting that side of my body on furniture until pain medications start working. 
The lump, again, is VERY hard and appears to be growing in size and pain is increasing.  I saw an orthopeodic surgeon. Xrays "didnt show anything". No arthritis and he suggested an MRI to get a better look at what the problem is before deciding what can be done.  The insurance company refuses (no reasons given) TWICE, to authorize the MRI and "suggested" therapy. I am horrified that he "doctor" is now suggesting therapy and a simple question about "who is liable" if therapy makes it worse (the more I use it the more pain and swelling I have) ended the conversation. 
I do not know if it is SAFE to go through therapy and see several red flags waving becuase the doctor is letting the insurance company tell HIM what needs done and I am at a loss at what to do. 
What are the possibilities of what this can be? What are the risks of continuing to use it 12hour shifts? 
Thoroughly disgusted and wont be able to work much longer.  I dont feel I can even get a second opinion because the insurance company is the bigger problem. At this point Im not even confident the doctor would "take me" off work if this gets any worse and much more of this and I'll lose my job. I cant work week after week depending on oxycodone to get through a shift. 
Sorry for the drama, but I need help, if at all possible and advice with a direction to go. 
God Bless






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users