#1 luvhealth

luvhealth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

My wife had a history of endometriosis and the CA125 marker in her case came out to be 96. we got worried but at last the doctor said it is because of Endometriosis. She was operated thru laproscopy and returned without any complication.

Now she is again diagnosed with the same issue and we have gone in for another round of CA125 test.

What is the chances of Endometriosis turning into cancer?

Is there any treatment option available for the long term solution or Hysterectomy is the only solution.

in waht conditions we should opt for hysterectomy?

My wife is just 34 and we are worried about the after effects of hysterectomy although we are not planning any more kids.

Please reply asap.

Cheers

#2 aak

aak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

see CA125 Marker is not a reliable test in diagnosis of anything like cancer. It is suppose to be at the max used for screening of the advance of the disease if it has already been there, may be after operation or else.

regarding Endometriosis it is one of the reason for the CA 125 marker to be high and it is in most of the cases a benign condition with its own treatment and symptoms.

I would suggest to wait for hysterectomy if you have other options available, may be after 40 would be good, the doctor can very well take a call on it after going thru the reports and the level of endometriosis.

I think no need to tell that hysterectomy have its own side effects, early on mentally and after 60 may be on physical health as well so better to avoid it till the time you can at this early stage.

there have been new medicine on the block for endometriosis and i think they are giving quite good result. I would desist from suggesting anything but you doc will surely do so if she feels it is right.

Rest sure, it wont be anything like cancer 99 %.

hope it is of some use to u.

AAK

#3 shan

shan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

agree with AAK on most of the points...better to delay Hysterectomy if you can but there is no harm if the benefits exceed the harm it causes...I have seen a lot of women having undergone the procedure a living a stress free life after that with no physical pain or anything...

Endometriosis can be controlled but not treated so dont worry doc can suggest some birth control pills, hormones and something which mimics the body into believing that the lady is pregnant and tus causing less bleeding which help in improving the condition...rest all on doctors to suggest the best treatment but do consult 2-3 doctors on the same...In today's world you should not put blind faith in doctors...

Shan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users