• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

what are flax seeds good for? How much flax seed one should consume per day? how to take flax seeds?

flax seeds flax

1 reply to this topic

#1 abbas

abbas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

I am curious to know the health benefits of flax seeds. Although there is plenty of information available on net but want to hear from somebody who is taking it for long terms. How are they taken and what is the quantities you should aim for? Are organic flax seed better than the normal ones?

Regards

Abbas.

#2 shan

shan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

Flax seeds are a rich source of fibre and also multi nutrients such as Vitabin B1, Manganese and a very rich source of Omega 3 which is very good for heart and skin. Yes I have been taking 2 spoon full of flax seeds for last 2 years and there are visible benefits of doing so. My cholesterol levels are in control and also digestion is good. When you take falx seeds remember to drink lot of water otherwise it may lead to constipation. 

Other factor to consider is to increase the consumption slowly. This may disturb your bowl for a short time till your body gets used to it.

I simply ground the seeds and put them in roti batter and take it. You can take them in any form like in chutneys, on bread etc but regular with roti is best in my view.

I have no idea on organic and inorganic and I dont think that should have any impact.

Shan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users