#1 granny

granny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Dear Readers,

i am one of those who have been quite unsuccessful to reduce weight. Although I am not a binge eater or even a big eater but still i keep on putting weight. I am 54 yrs old and weights around 84 Kg with a height of 5'1''. I know you all would say that is hell of it but can anybody suggest what shall i do to reduce the burden.

I eat a light breakfast and then in lunch very balanced diet of 2 rotis with dal and one vegetable, In dinner same routine so I guess it is not that big a diet. What I lack is exercise but I do household chores the entire day, like dusting and putting things in order. an helping my in laws. IU think till late night I must be doing equivalent of 1 hr or walking.

I dont eat in between meals as well but some time i gorge on samosa (I think i have the right to do so :))

Please suggest if there is anything i can do or reducing at my age is very difficult.

Regards

Granny

#2 love24

love24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

I think weight loss is not just a matter of what you eat but also how much physical exercise you do? reducing calories can be done via balanced diet or doing workouts. Please apply a combinations of both to get the desired results. At your age reducing itself is a bit of slow process so better look out as you may be susceptible to many other diseases arising out of excessive wt like diabetes, heart disease etc.

meanwhile keep a eye on your thyroid as well as with age thyroid imbalance particularly in women is more prevalent. this may be a hindrance to  wt loss until it is controlled.

#3 Stellea Shapcot

Stellea Shapcot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Hello, good to hear from you guys. As mentioned it is quiet difficult to reduce the weight after a certain age, but it is not impossible. Losing weight is not a matter of what you eat but also how much calories you burn. There should be a balance between calorie intake and calorie burned. As you have mentioned that you do household work but is that enough to burn those extra calories. I would request you to concern a dietitian and prepare a diet plan. Also you can prepare a work out plan and start doing work on regular basis. But again make sure that you concern a physical trainer before randomly rushing out for exercise and work outs. Hope this helps you to reduce weight and get fit.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Weight Loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users