Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘forums’ - assumed '‘forums’' in /home/pnrs/public_html/www.medchitchat.com/initdata.php on line 64
Weight Loss - Weight Loss - Medchichat.com | Your Own Health Community

• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Weight Loss

Weight Loss

2 replies to this topic

#1 granny

granny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Dear Readers,

i am one of those who have been quite unsuccessful to reduce weight. Although I am not a binge eater or even a big eater but still i keep on putting weight. I am 54 yrs old and weights around 84 Kg with a height of 5'1''. I know you all would say that is hell of it but can anybody suggest what shall i do to reduce the burden.

I eat a light breakfast and then in lunch very balanced diet of 2 rotis with dal and one vegetable, In dinner same routine so I guess it is not that big a diet. What I lack is exercise but I do household chores the entire day, like dusting and putting things in order. an helping my in laws. IU think till late night I must be doing equivalent of 1 hr or walking.

I dont eat in between meals as well but some time i gorge on samosa (I think i have the right to do so :))

Please suggest if there is anything i can do or reducing at my age is very difficult.

Regards

Granny

#2 love24

love24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

I think weight loss is not just a matter of what you eat but also how much physical exercise you do? reducing calories can be done via balanced diet or doing workouts. Please apply a combinations of both to get the desired results. At your age reducing itself is a bit of slow process so better look out as you may be susceptible to many other diseases arising out of excessive wt like diabetes, heart disease etc.

meanwhile keep a eye on your thyroid as well as with age thyroid imbalance particularly in women is more prevalent. this may be a hindrance to  wt loss until it is controlled.

#3 Stellea Shapcot

Stellea Shapcot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Hello, good to hear from you guys. As mentioned it is quiet difficult to reduce the weight after a certain age, but it is not impossible. Losing weight is not a matter of what you eat but also how much calories you burn. There should be a balance between calorie intake and calorie burned. As you have mentioned that you do household work but is that enough to burn those extra calories. I would request you to concern a dietitian and prepare a diet plan. Also you can prepare a work out plan and start doing work on regular basis. But again make sure that you concern a physical trainer before randomly rushing out for exercise and work outs. Hope this helps you to reduce weight and get fit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users