#1 abhi

abhi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hi All,

My mother under went cataract surgery and the doctor was very experienced and known. but even after a year has passed she still feels heaviness in the eye. Sometimes the eye turns red also. We went to the doctor numerous times and every time he says that the operation is fine and the eye has no defect. We even showed mom to 2 other doctors and they also said that there is no issue with the lens. My mother is still not comfortable with the eye and still complains of red eye and headaches..any idea if it lasts so long. 

She was operated in the right eye and now not ready for the operation of the left eye. One of the doctor suggested that if specks are OK for her to use than she should not go for surgery and can keep on using the specks.

Will specks in one eye impact the other eye which is already operated. I am very confused as to whom to listen. Please share if you have a similar experience.

many Thanks,

regards

Abhi

#2 renu

renu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi Abhi,

The same case happened with my mother as well and we also consulted the doctor. The doctor said (which was validated) that for people who have weak eyes even before the treatment have sometimes this problem of heaviness in the eyes for long...but people who have just cataract and are using lenses wont be impacted and there specks could be removed..I think you should not worry and tell your mother to conitnue with the eye drops for longer duration.

Regarding the operation of second eye, I think it should depend on the patient when is he ready for the operation. even my mother also dont want to go for next one and want to keep using the specks for life till she can manage.

This should be Ok as the cataract operation is safe and small and can be done even at older ages of 85 (My nani got operated and she is OK).

Hope this helps.

Chrs

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users