#1 golu13

golu13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Are you a Doctor ?:No

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

Hi,

Been suffering from the lower back pain which is confined to a single point. I have undergone Physio thereapy also and the pain seemed to sunside but it comes back again. It seems it is limited to one point only on the left side of the lower back and pressing that point gives me releif.

I am an IT professional and job is sitting only. Also when ever i go for a walk it goes down but with heavy exercise it comes back. Is it a slip disk or something else...

cheers

#2 Baldev

Baldev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

the best is to go for light exercise such as walking or slow jogging...Since you have mentioned that you are an IT professional so this is kind of very common with people having desk job...this may be due to your posture and sedentary lifestyle...do some exercise which are available on the youtube and I think you would be fine...if it is not slip disk it is majorly due to sitting posture and walking around 5 kms will do the trick....I had the same issue but since i have started to walk it is improved and improving...Hope this helps..

#3 aarush

aarush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

for immediate relief yo can go for physiotherapy...but for longer term you need to be active ....start playing some thing which you love if you dont like walk and jog....talk to a friend who can accompany you...

In Between you work you should walk or do light stretching every 45 mins...

put a cushion on you seats if the seats are not good...

keep your posture upright when seating in front of computer...there are so many videos available on you tube refer to that...

#4 Oli18

Oli18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

Just like I suggested with the other post like yours, here it is:

-Do not slouch when standing or sitting.
-If you spend most of your time sitting, pay careful attention to consciously sucking in your belly and rotating your pelvis slightly up. At the same time, you should keep your head back, with your ears over your shoulders and your shoulder blades pinched. This posture will keep your spine in proper alignment. Do this every hour you’re sitting, holding the muscles tight for several minutes.
-Sit in chairs or car seats with good lumbar support.
-Switch your sitting positions often. I would also recommend periodically walking around or gently stretching your muscles to relieve tension.
-Avoid bending over without supporting your back.
-Get enough vitamin D from sun exposure daily, as vitamin D helps keep your bones, including your spine, strong.
-Drink plenty of water to enhance the height of your intervertebral disks. Since your body is composed mostly of water, staying hydrated will keep you fluid and reduce stiffness.

#5 KhushiKhurana

KhushiKhurana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

Yaa Oli is right,  You should take care of the above things share by @Oli in his post. Also if possible try to make yourself free for 10-15mins and take a small walk daily in office and maintain proper posture while sitting & sleeping. And the most important thing is keep yourself stress free because that's the main reasons nowadays for all health issues.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BACK pAIN, PAIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users