• Create Account

- - - - -

Gallbladder removed, Diet change temporarily or permanent?

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:06 AM

Just had my Gallbladder removed, and want to know from others that have had theirs removed.

I've read about having diarrhea after the surgery but is it a more i just need to go to the bathroom right now kind or is it after cramps/abdominal pains or anything like that.

If its just the none painful diarrhea is it also the none painful just immediate need to go if you eat a bit to much fatty foods/sugary foods or is too much fatty food really painful that i really need to make sure not to eat to much or cut it from my diet?

Is the diet/change in what I need to eat only temporarily after the surgery and can go back to eating fatty foods/caffeine/sugary foods?

is what is in this article true to anyone without a gallbladder https://www.healthli...#foods-to-avoid, mainly the should avoid foods part like steak, beef /w gravy, dairy, cookies, chocolate, tea. Like is the "a lot of painful gas, bloating, and diarrhea" is it similar to any pains you experienced before having your gallbladder removed say from it being enlarged or gallstones blocking the bile, ect?

How much has having your gallbladder removed affected your diet from before? Is it drastic, small or normal diet just smaller portions spread out throughout the day. Like from eating a 8oz steak to eating half and taking the rest home to eat later or tomorrow, or from medium rare to well done, or 8oz to 2-4 small bites, or none at all the pain from eating it is too much, same question about the other types of foods to avoid

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users