Diabetes has become one of the common health conditions affecting more than 40% of the world population. Unlike several other illnesses, diabetic condition something developed by the ourselves due to improper lifestyle and food habits, except the inherited diabetic condition that is caused by birth.
If you feel you are in risk of developing the diabetic condition, check out the list of conditions below and determine your position, which increases the risk of condition.
- Are you gaining weight constantly or found to have excess weight than your ideal weight?
- Are you older than 40 years?
- Do you have the family history of the condition like your mother, father or sibling diagnosed with this condition?
- Diagnosed with an elevated glucose, cholesterol level and blood pressure level?
- Does not follow healthy diet or eat more quantity of fried foods, fast food items and drinks?
- Sit for more than 8 hours in your office with no physical activity?
- Do you feel that your thirst and hunger has elevated to a great extent followed by unusual urination?
When you experience two or more than above mentioned conditions, you are in the risk of developing diabetes 2. Let us see how to prevent the condition.
Read More: How to Increase Weight fast ?
Preventing Diabetes 2
It is the non-insulin dependent condition caused due to inability of body to use the insulin produced in the body. It can be prevented by two ways.
Physical activities: Exercises boost the metabolic activities of the body. Enhanced metabolic rate assist in using more energy to burn the calories and reduce the fat content in the body, which eventually reduce the blood sugar. Exercise need not be done at any expensive gym or fitness centre. A mere walking for around 30 minutes a day keeps you fit and healthy. Cycling and walking are the best means keeps you energetic and healthy by preventing type 2 diabetes.
Healthy diet: Plan for a healthy and balanced diet that is low in fat and calories. Further, reducing the carbohydrate food, you can regulate the level of blood sugar as carbs are the major culprit that makes the body unable to use insulin by elevating the glucose. You can reduce the quantum of rice, the major carb food in your diet and replace it with whole grains. There is a common misconception that eating wheat can reduce glucose level. It is wrong. Wheat and rice have equal portion of carbohydrates and the major difference is wheat take more time to get digested than rice.
1. Fresh- Include fruits and boiled vegetables, fresh fruit juices instead of carbonated drinks, skimmed milk as replacement of milk, yoghurt instead of cheese, oat meal, beans, whole grains, etc.
2. If you are overweight- Go for a protein diet that is low in calories and fat which cut down the hunger and assist in weight loss. Make 6 – 7 portions of small meal instead of large quantity of meals.
3. Life Style Changes- Try to be active. You can avoid using elevator and go by walking in stair case. Don’t sit continuously for more than an hour. Keep yourself in a relaxed mind and go for a stress free life. Stress is also one of the major concerns that lead to put lot of weight.
Where diabetes 2 is caused due to overweight and poor lifestyle, diabetes 1 is caused due to improper care after getting diagnosed with type 2 diabetic condition. However, diabetes 1 is also caused due to inheritance, which can be prevented.
Read More: 10 Great Tips for Health and Fitness
Preventing Diabetes 1
Developing type 1 diabetic condition can be prevented by strictly following a fat free, low calorie and fiber rich diet combined with physical activities.
There is no requirement of reducing the quantity of meals, rather make it into smaller portions.
- Don’t go to your bed immediately after dinner.
- Walk for a minimum of 20 minutes after dinner.
- Check your weight and blood glucose levels regularly
- Go for healthy choice of diet and include eat one whole fruit with every portion of your meal
- Don’t skip the breakfast. Start your breakfast with a cup of oat meal and a glass of skimmed milk
- Don’t skip any meal and go for fasting, where it might bring down the sugar level.
- Include atleast one cup of green tea in your daily diet.
- Drink more quantity of water.
- Drink fresh fruit juices or vegetable salad
- Take medicines prescribed by the physicians regularly
By maintaining ideal weight, diabetes 1 can be prevented.
Incoming search terms:
Prevent diabetes naturally
Prevention of diabetes