Acne aka zits! How awful is that? Definitely, that’s not something you would like to pop in your face. The appearance of a single bump (acne) can ruin your appearance to a great extent. So, what’s worse than acne? Well, acne scars. Acne scars are the leftovers and reminders that always taunt you that you suffered from acne. Everyone who gets acne is prone to acne scars.
How to get rid of acne scars? Does honey get rid of acne scars? There are many solutions available to treat acne scars, yet the combination of honey and cinnamon help acne scars better than other remedies.
What cause acne scars? Acne, of course!
Also Read: Alternative Acne Remedies
Jokes apart! Not everyone who develops acne gets acne scars. Those who have the habit of plucking the zits and those who don’t care much about acne for a longer period are likely to get acne scars. Some scars are too rigid to remove because of the debris and dead skin cells accumulated for a long time.
Honey and cinnamon help acne scars in numerous ways which give fresh, flawless and healthy skin.
Honey and Acne Scars
Honey is natural bliss, the best gift from Mother Nature, which cannot be processed by humans. When it comes to acne, honey is counted as the primary remedy. Honey is used either as a primary ingredient or as carrier ingredient to cure acne. When you use honey to treat acne, you don’t get acne scars.
- Honey is the moisturizer, the antibacterial agent, and contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- It rebalances the skin texture by giving sufficient moisture.
- It controls the excessive oil secretion.
- It nourishes the skin by deep cleansing.
- It aids in managing the elasticity and keep the skin fresh.
- It shrinks the pores and prevents aggravation of acne, thus reducing the risk of scarring.
Try to use the natural / organic or hill honey, which works more effectively.
Also Read: Homemade Face Masks for Acne and Blackheads
Manuka Honey for acne scars
Manuka honey is not like the ordinary honey, which is far better than organic and natural hill honey that comes with no preservatives. It is mono-floral honey, loaded with twice the healing properties of natural honey. Manuka honey is known as wound dressing ingredient, used for several decades.
Manuka honey for acne scars is just a simple therapy that this honey cures. While this honey can heal the deep cut wounds and injuries, acne scar is a simple problem. In fact, manuka honey is a lot more effective to address many skin and health problems. Manuka honey is sold as a potential remedy for several conditions in alternative medicines.
Manuka honey for acne scars acts as a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, mask, spot treatment and skin rejuvenating ingredient. It appears stickier than the regular honey. You can use manuka honey for acne scars overnight treatment. If you feel honey is too sticky or thick, you can dilute the honey with rose water.
How does manuka honey get rid of acne scars?
- It has three times more antibacterial potency than other types of natural honey. Apparently, it stimulates the cells responsible for repairing the damaged tissues quicker, which fades away the acne scars.
- It also contains anti-inflammatory properties which prevent inflammation of the skin.
- The extra stickiness of the honey gives extra moisture to the skin, which prevents skin dryness.
- Don’t worry, it won’t make your skin greasy.
How to use Manuka honey for acne scars?
- Slather a layer of Manuka honey on your face or just on scarred area and gently rub it.
- Let the skin absorb the goodness of honey for 30 minutes. (Longer the better, still you can remove it in 20 to 30 minutes)
- Wash the skin with lukewarm water (it will be sticky), followed by cold water.
Also Read: How to Get Glowing Skin Naturally at Home
Cinnamon for Acne Scars
Cinnamon is a popular spice and packed with minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants. In fact, cinnamon is not so popular to use for acne scars. However, the nutritional and healing properties of cinnamon make an ideal remedy to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Cinnamon is a dry ingredient and it is not possible to use cinnamon without a carrier ingredient. Sometimes, cinnamon may cause irritation and itchiness. Honey makes the best pal to mix with cinnamon, which reaps the goodness of cinnamon without causing any discomfort.
Honey and cinnamon help acne scars with ease, more effectively and quickly than other remedies.
How Cinnamon Works
- It is an exfoliant, which removes the dead cells from the skin, which erase away the acne scars.
- Removal of dead skin cells facilitates the growth of fresh, younger and healthy skin.
- It contains essential oils (which give the unique aroma to the dry bark) which rejuvenate the skin and replenish the skin health.
- It has an anti-inflammatory response and manages the healthy skin.
- Braces the skin against antimicrobials.
- Time-tested remedy and regular usage of cinnamon delays aging.
How to Use Cinnamon
Since it is very dry, you should use with honey and other hydrating liquids.
- If you don’t have powder, dry the cinnamon bark under the sunlight for 3 to 5 days and powder it finely. Don’t use more than 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder.
- Alternatively, heat cinnamon barks in coconut oil or olive oil using a double boiler (1 part cinnamon with two parts oil) for 30 minutes.
- Let the bark get soaked in oil and extract the oil next day.
- Use it as cinnamon oil to mix with honey and apply on face.
How Honey and Cinnamon Help Acne Scars?
Skin exfoliation is an important process to manage the younger look of the skin. If you don’t exfoliate the skin, accumulation of dead skin cells forms as blemishes. When it comes to acne, in many cases, it is not removed from the root i.e from the sebum glands. It is essential to remove the acne from roots to prevent acne scars. Apparently, removing acne scars also require addressing the deep layers of the skin. This is the major reason behind using honey and cinnamon for acne scars.
Honey and cinnamon help acne scars by addressing the in-depth skin problems. It is not just a topical remedy, but penetrates deeply into the skin and clears the skin from internally, from the superficial layers of the skin.
Use honey and cinnamon to help acne scars with simple home remedies
Here is the basic home remedy to use honey and cinnamon help acne scars with ease. You can use it as the face mask, face scrub or apply it on scarred area on your face. When you apply as the face mask, it will rejuvenate the facial skin and nourishes your skin from internally.
A few things to note on how to use honey and cinnamon to help acne scars:
- Always wash your face before applying the face mask and pat the skin dry.
- Sometimes cinnamon may irritate your skin. If you find any irritation, wash the skin with cold water. Reduce the quantity of cinnamon in the face mask.
- When using it as scrub gently rub on skin, don’t overdo it.
- If you have sensitive and dry skin, you can use a few drops of almond oil or olive oil to enhance the soothing effect.
- Don’t use any cosmetic products or makeup after trying this honey and cinnamon for acne scars.
- Later a coat of moisturizer, preferably almond oil or coconut oil after removing the mask.
Things you need
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 4 teaspoons honey
How to apply
- Mix these ingredients well and apply on face.
- Gently rub the face like scrubbing or you can use a facial scrubber too.
- Sit back and take rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once you feel like the mask is drying, wash the face with cold water / running water.
- Let the skin dry naturally.
- You can feel the instant softness.
- Do it thrice a week.
You don’t need to apply any moisturizer if you have oily skin, otherwise, don’t forget to apply moisturizer.
Lemon and honey for acne scars
When it comes to acne and acne scar removal, next to or equivalent to honey, lemon is also considered the main ingredient. Lemon is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, which boost the skin health. Applying lemon draws out the impurities from the skin, which gives the instant glow.
Does honey and cinnamon help acne scars? or should I try lemon and honey for acne scars?
You can combine these ingredients, Honey and cinnamon help acne scars without a shadow of the doubt. Using lemon and honey for acne scars make it easier to exfoliate the skin cells. Besides, lemon feeds the nutrients that your skin lacks to rejuvenate itself to provide fresher skin.
A few things to consider when using lemon for acne scars
- Always use fresh lemon, squeeze the lemon juice fresh before applying on face.
- Topical application of lemon is highly recommended for oily skinned people with acne scars.
- If you have sensitive skin and dry skin use it sparingly or use with other moisturizing ingredients.
- Don’t go out in the sun immediately after applying lemon for acne scars. Best time to use it at night.
Different methods to use lemon and honey for acne scars
Honey and cinnamon help acne scars fade away. So you can try the above-mentioned mask along with lemon.
Method 1: Add the fresh lemon juice extracted from one medium sized lemon to the honey and cinnamon face mask for acne scars.
Method 2: Wash the face and rub the lemon rind on the facial skin. Let it stay for 5 minutes and wash the skin. Vitamin C penetrates into the skin and prepares the skin to remove the toxins out. Apply the face mask made by honey and cinnamon.
Method 3: If you have oily skin, apply the lemon juice (Fresh juice) on the face before applying honey and cinnamon for acne scars.
Method 4: For deep scars, mix lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil with sugar or brown sugar and scrub the skin.
Always wash the skin with cool water after removing the mask.
Just rub a piece of lemon rind on your face just before you take the bath or wash the face. It’s not a big deal but can make a big difference.
Use Honey for Acne Scars Overnight Remedy
Some of you might seek for the overnight remedy to get rid of scars. Is there something available? Yes. Use honey for acne scars overnight remedy to fade away the scars and look fresh.
Things you need
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 4 teaspoon honey
- Cinnamon optional (recommended cinnamon oil rather than dry cinnamon)
Baking soda is the best exfoliating agent, which makes the ideal remedy for overnight acne scar removal. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin, you can use any oil to enhance the moisturizing effect.
Do not use lemon if you use baking soda as it might irritate your skin and lead to redness.
How to use baking soda and honey for acne scars overnight remedy?
- Wash your face.
- Mix baking soda and honey and apply this mixture on wet face.
- Gently rub it on skin.
- Later another layer of honey (Here you can add cinnamon).
- Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Apply rose water as the toner to soothe the exfoliated skin.
- Let the skin dry naturally.
- Gently massage the face with ice cubes.
- Apply moisturizing cream / olive oil / coconut oil.
After trying the remedies given above on how honey and cinnamon helps acne scars, you can massage the face with ice cubes every time to further reduce the appearance of scars.
A few more tips to get rid of acne scars after using honey and cinnamon for acne scars
- Apply sandalwood powder or paste on skin to reduce irritation or itchiness.
- You can mix aloe vera along with honey and cinnamon.
Acne is caused by many reasons, but acne scars are caused only by acne. So, bother when you develop acne because removal of acne scars is more tedious than you think than treating acne. As mentioned in the beginning, long term untreated acne leads to deep scarring. Just like how honey and cinnamon helps acne scars, honey and cinnamon help acne scars prevention too! Use the same remedy for treating acne to prevent scarring.